Home Miscellaneous • Getting Down To Basics with

Getting Down To Basics with

 - 

Important Asbestos Facts That you Ought to be Aware Of to Stay Safe and Informed

Asbestos date back to decades ago whereby the fibrous, heat-resistant material was used in America for construction. Being a fibrous and heat-resistant material means it is not safe for human consumption, no wonder it is one of the leading causes of serious medical conditions. It is believed there is an over 2 million ton exposure of asbestos to this harmful and life-threatening ingredients. This of course, poses all manner of dangers, and here are some of the insane facts you have to know when it comes to asbestos.

The first fact you ought to be aware of when it comes to these harmful ingredients is that they can be found pretty much anywhere. From the soil to the water and even the moving air, they are just about to present in every single thing. Mines, factories and heaps of wastes are also known to harbor harmful asbestos particles. But you should know that the air you breath is the biggest form of exposure that you get when it comes to asbestos. This justifies the need for thorough asbestos testing in your living spaces to ensure you are safe from these life-threatening and harmful particles.

Did you know that exposure to asbestos can lead to clubbing of the fingers and toes? Toes and fingers clubbing is a serious medical condition through which the skin under the fingernails thickens and hardens. This is normally brought about when the supply of oxygenated blood to the toes and fingers is significantly compromised leading to bulbous, club-like deformities. Should you find anything abnormal with your fingers and toes, it is highly recommended that you seek urgent medical attention. Another serious fact you have to keep in mind when it comes to asbestos is the fact that their exposure can lead to cancer. This is actually one of the biggest dangers of asbestos exposure, leading to a possibility of contracting mesothelioma and other types of cancers. Unfortunately, it may take quite a long time for the cancer signs and symptoms to start to show up.

Any website that seeks to document or write anything about asbestos should mention that they cannot be broken down into other chemicals. What this means is that asbestos can never be metabolized meaning they cannot also be absorbed in your body. Now you understand why some signs and symptoms may start to show their ugly face sometimes even after 50 years of exposure. Now, when you have all this information with you, you will be better placed to make the right decisions when it comes to protecting yourself and your loved ones.

Author:admin